Thursday, January 31, 2008

Spirit in ME

Still it lurks in me. fills me with some kinda spirit that keeps me smiling when I stare at all the hustle that goes below me when I stare from the fourth floor on the “beings” clasped in their ties and gripping on to their coffee cups before a worn out coffee vending machine The youth in me struggles just like the glow of a lamp sway’s to the blowing wind….I feel good closing my eyes and wandering into my college days….. the tattered jeans that never had to be washed….the black tea…The friends around ….The lazy side of life….It had its beauty in it. Then when my eyes opened I could feel the same gush of blood in me…the sweet air around me. The guitars might have played some note that made me sway to it and my heart leaps to run off to the same gallery and give a loud shout … The hushed dreams that I had seen on those steps had been pulled off….. It makes me feel there is a fire still in me that’s making me different or maybe every single person here might be having time to stop and think of his best times. Or on closer thought on his best times that are yet to come…… A flash passes by reminding of all those days. Someone just like me smiles at me…he looks similar but his attire is that of a college boy and he looks happy and with a lot of friends…sharing cigarette puffs and cracking jokes about a love failure. In between all that he is conversing he doesn’t find time to have a glimpse at me….A moment passes when his eyes catch mine and a certain gesture of acknowledgement is shown. A lump fills my heart……when I realize that he was just me in my college days….When I was not bound by the shackles of maturity…of corporate decorum.

Now though I am happy financially and feel my dreams are achieved some voice calls “Come home once again,
Come once more to where someone feels you are her own,
The jiffy that conceded had a whole lifetime in it….
You never wanted to discern what was in your trail
Still it was the path that steered you to what you are now
The storms and thorns on the path are only sweet memoirs
Do not chide now on the moments lost…
But consider that even though the group that you miss
Are not next to you their memoirs linger around you
Persuading you still in every petite thing you accomplish”

No comments: